Lighter Pumpkin Pie Recipe
1 (9 inch) unbaked deep-dish pie shell
½ cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp salt
2 egg whites
1 (15 ounce) cans 100% pure pumpkin
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in small bowl.
- Beat egg whites lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk and then pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for additional 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted near center come out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Do not freeze.
Yield: 8 servings
Each serving has 210 calories, 5.5 g fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 34 g carbohydrate, and 6.3 g protein. Add 2 tbsp light whipped topping for 20 calories.
**If pie is made without the shell, each slice has 110 calories, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 23 g carbohydrate, and 5 grams protein.